COVID-19 Update for the Health Sector – June 9, 2022 (Updated June 13, 2022)
The Ontario Government has announced the expiration of masking requirements in certain in-door settings, including health care settings (with the exception of long-term care and retirement homes), and the expiration of COVID-19 directives related to the health sector as of June 11, 2022, 12:00 am. The Ministry announced that further guidance will be issued for health care workers and organizations.
Please see the following link for the Ontario Government announcement on June 8, 2022.
As a result of this action taken by the Ontario Government, acknowledging that public health authorities continue to provide guidance related to the COVID-19 pandemic, CCO is providing the following updated direction for all members of CCO, which will take effect June 13, 2022:
- Guidance for Return to Practice for CCO Members When Authorized by Government (During COVID Pandemic) is revoked as of June 13, 2022.
- While mandatory masking in most health care settings has been removed as of June 11, 2022, CCO expects that some members, staff, and patients will wish to remain masked as well as follow other established health and safety protocols related to practicing during a pandemic. Organizations and business, such as private chiropractic offices, may implement their own policies. Members should respect the choices of any individual inside their office to remain masked and should continue to use a patient-centred approach, appropriate and ongoing risk assessments, respectful communication and professional judgment to guide decisions related to use of personal protective equipment and other health and safety protocols.
- The Ministry of Health has issued COVID-19 Guidance Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Health Care Workers and Health Care Entities. Please review for guidance on the use of PPE.
- Members should continue to review public health guidance with respect to infection control and maintain their offices in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Although active screening of patients will no longer be required following June 11, 2022, 12:00 am, members should implement policies to best ensure that members, staff and patients self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and do not attend the office if they screen positive for COVID-19. Please see the COVID-19 Self-Assessment and Management of Cases and Contacts of COVID-19 in Ontario for further guidance.
- Members should continue to visit the following Ontario Government, Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario links related to the COVID-19 for up-to-date information:
Please continue to visit the CCO website for updates as they become available.
CCO thanks all members for their efforts throughout this very challenging period.