Self-regulation means getting involved with your regulatory body. Five ways in which you can get involved with CCO are:
1) Give us your feedback: Provide feebdack to CCO on proposed or revisions to regulations, by-laws, standards of practice, policies and guidelines. Although CCO does not provide individual responses to feedback, all feedback is reviewed and all responses are taken into consideration when making recommendations to Council.
2) Become a peer assessor: Keep an eye out for for future calls for peer assessors in upcoming newsletters.
3) Become an investigator: If you are interested in becoming an investigator, please submit a letter of intention, and your curriculum vitae to CCO by mail, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (416-925-9610).
4) Become a non-Council committee member: Every April, Council appoints members of CCO to various committees, including Discipline, ICRC, Quality Assurance, Patient Relations and Advertising. If you are interested, please submit a letter of intention, and your curriculum vitae to CCO by mail, email (email@example.com) or fax (416-925-9610).
5) Run for CCO Council: Keep an eye out for notices of election every January.